“We promise beautiful and indulgent events without a negative environmental impact. We believe all businesses have a role to play in solving the climate crises that is why we formed to be the first sustainable tipi and event hire company. Yes we are one business, but we are doing our bit whilst doing what we love and encouraging others to do the same.”
How are we a SUSTAINABLE tipi company?
We formed RAW Tipis to bring sustainable events to customers who are conscious of their carbon footprint. Alongside our passionate founder, our Green Advisor ensures all decision-making considers our impact on people and the planet.
We measure our carbon emissions with Earthly and offset the emissions we cannot reduce (yet) to become a carbon-positive business.
We have chosen to offset with Rimba Raya Biodiversity Reserve project. It protects one of the most highly endangered ecosystems in the world and works with local communities to achieve all 17 of the Sustainable Development Goals. Without this project, the carbon-rich, peatland forest of Rimba Raya would have been turned into palm oil estates, emitting over 100 million tonnes of carbon into the atmosphere.
As well as being a climate-positive business, we donate 1% of our revenue to environmental causes across the world through 1% for the planet.
What are we doing differently?
- We only use reusable Velcro cable ties – no single-use plastics thrown away after each event!
- We make a lot of our furniture ourselves out of reclaimed wood. Take a look at our fireplace made from old scaffold boards, our up-cycled barrels, or our wooden bars skilfully made from old pallet boards – you would never know!
- Where possible we use satellite view to check out the location of the event instead of more car journeys – sounds obvious but that’s a lot of CO2 saved.
- We like to check out local antique fairs to add to our collection of tipi furniture and accessories – buying used local furniture saves on unwanted delivery emissions and reuses all the old gems that fit so well in our tipis!
- The strongest vehicles in the UK move our sustainable tipis around the Home Counties, although these vehicles are diesel (we offset these emissions), this means we can transport all of our tipis and furniture in fewer trips – a lot fewer emissions. As soon as an electric truck comes available in the UK that can drive the distances and pull the weight we need, we are on it!
- Our hand-made reclaimed wood fire pits only use bioethanol fuel. Biofuel releases no smoke or greenhouse gases, and although we are aware they are not 100% sustainable as the crops take up a lot of land, this is the best option to make your event have less impact, and keep you warm for 11 hours!
- All of our team wear 100% organic t-shirts from Repanui and our founders are always championing responsible brands!
- Our festoon poles are made from durable bamboo – not only do they look better than metal their production is zero emissions, it’s then only the delivery we have to offset.
- We only take on tipi hire events within a local radius, this keeps travel emissions low and also means we are always nearby should you need us.
We offset EVERYTHING we cannot reduce
“Welcome to the natural revolution. Earthly is the most effective way for businesses to invest in the fight against climate change. Our proven, science-backed natural solutions help you balance your carbon impact – and go beyond to become Climate Positive. It’s a revolutionary way to reverse climate breakdown.”